From 30 minute suppers available in the Shippon £9.99
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5cm (2in) piece of fresh root ginger, sliced into fine strips
- 1 bunch of spring onions, cut into 5cm (2in) lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and sliced into fine strips
- 300g (10oz) of Hesketh Bank purple sprouting broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 bunch of fine Wye Valley asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of mint leaves
1. Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat and swirl to coat the surface. Add the chillies and ginger and toss for a few seconds, then add the spring onions, a few seconds later add the garlic. Stir-fry for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the pepper and stir-fry for a few minutes. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a few minutes more, before adding the asparagus. Continue stir-frying for another minute or two.
3. Sprinkle the sugar over the vegetables and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Stir-fry for a few seconds until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Remove from the heat and stir through the mint leaves. Serve immediately.