Taken from ‘Fast Cooking’ by James Martin. Available in the Shippon.
- 400g cooking chorizo
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic gloves
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tin borlotti beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml barbecue sauce
- 25g butter
- 400g ready-made mashed potatoes
- 400g spring greens
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the chorizo and the onions. Crush the garlic.
2. Heat a large saucepan and fry the chorizo for 3 minutes, then add the onions and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the beans, tomatoes and barbeque sauce, season with salt and pepper, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in another pan, add the mashed potatoes and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, until warmed through.
4. Bring a large pan of slated water to the boil and cook the greens for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Drain well.
5. Serve the beans with the greens and mash.