- 100g Organic North broad beans
- 2 slices Higginsons’ streaky bacon (chopped)
- 2 slices of More Bakery focaccia
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ¼ red pepper, finely diced
- 100g Allerdale goats’ cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Blanche the beans in boiling salted water for a couple of minutes. While the beans are still warm, remove the outer shell to reveal the dark green bean underneath. Dress with a little olive oil then leave to cool.
2. Sauté the bacon in olive oil until crispy. Fold in the shallots, pepper and broad beans, then season.
3. Toast the focaccia on both sides until golden brown, quarter the focaccia then top each piece with the broad bean mix and crumble the goats cheese on top.
4. Serve immediately or return to the grill. If you would like to serve the bruschetta as part of a picnic, store the topping and the toast separately and assemble when you dine.