Low Sizergh chef Paul Archer uses fresh local produce in this lovely lunch dish
- Golden beetroot – Lancashire
- Sourdough loaf – Lovingly Artisan
- Red chard – Growing Well
- Stumpies – Thornby Moor Dairy
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
1. Wash the beetroot then place (unpeeled) in a saucepan. Cover with water, add a pinch of salt & bring to the boil. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and leave to cool to room temperature. Peel with a small sharp knife. Cover and place in the fridge to chill.
3. Cut thick slices of sourdough, brush with olive oil and toast under the grill.
4. Wash the red chard and drain. Arrange some of the leaves in a salad bowl. Quarter the apple and roughly dice.
5. Arrange the sourdough around the red chard and sprinkle over the diced apple.
6. Slice the goats’ cheese then grill until golden brown. Meanwhile, thinly slice the beetroot and arrange on the salad.
7. Sprinkle the salad lightly with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Arrange the goats’ cheese on the salad at the last minute to ensure it is still warm.
8. To finish sprinkle some finely sliced chives over the salad.