200g Jerusalem artichoke, sliced and blanched
2.5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp ground cumin
200g cooked chickpeas, drained
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in large pan, medium heat and add the ginger, spices and chilli.
2. Sauté for 1 – 2 minutes, add chickpeas, lemon zest, artichokes and stir.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil before reducing to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the watercress and lemon juice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Season and serve warm as side or salad.