Adapted from ‘Homemade Winter’ by Yvette Van Boven. Available in the Shippon at £21.99.
- 3lb (1.5kg) Kind Edward potatoes, peeled
- ½ pound (250g) Old Smokehouse sausage
- 2lb (1kg) English Brussels sprouts, cleaned
- About ½ cup (125ml) chicken broth
- 3 tbsp (50g) Winter Tarn butter
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Boil the potatoes until cooked through, drain and set aside.
2. In the meantime, boil the Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain. Cut the sausage into slices. Heat the broth in a small saucepan. Mash the potatoes with a little hot broth and the butter. Spoon in the Brussels sprouts and season with orange zest, a little orange juice, salt and pepper.
3. Serve garnished with the sliced sausage with mustard on the side.