Raw milk makes sharp, smooth and wonderful yogurt. Why not follow this easy recipe from ‘The Creamery Kitchen’ by Jenny Linford? The book is available in our shippon, priced £16.99.
- 800ml Low Sizergh Barn raw milk
- 3 tablespoons of live yogurt
- Place the milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat the milk gently until it reaches 85˚C (185˚F). checking the temperature with a thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes until the temperature lowers to 43˚C (110˚F). Now mix the ‘live’ yogurt into the warm milk.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the sterilized jar or jars. Cover and set aside to incubate in a warm place for 7-8 hours until set to your taste.
- The yogurt will keep in a fridge for up to 1 week.