Farm Shop Manager
Food, farming and people are at the heart of Low Sizergh Barn, a family business on a working dairy farm just south of Kendal.
The manager has responsibility for food retail, customer service and staff within the farm shop. In this hands-on role on the shop floor you will work with and lead an experienced and loyal team. You are a doer, but reflective too, knowing when to stand back and when to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You will have the enthusiasm to maintain and improve upon the high standards that have seen Low Sizergh Barn win many awards.
- Champion the best customer service.
- Work closely with the owner and General Manager to keep the shop stocked with an enticing array of top quality food from our kitchen, the farm, Cumbria and beyond.
- Manage the daily responsibilities of the staff, ensuring good organisation and team spirit.
- Merchandise for effective sales and aesthetic appeal, with an eagle eye on pricing, placement and stock rotation.
- Communicate enthusiasm for and knowledge of our products and their uses.
- Manage health and safety provision and required standards of food hygiene
Essential skills and attributes:
- Great communication skills
- Successful background in a busy retail/food environment
- Buying experience
- Business acumen
- Strong supervisory and people management skills
- Organised, flexible and adaptable
- Food lover that loves the look and feel of the business
£20,000 to £23,500 dependent on experience
40 hours per week, Sunday – Thursday
Please apply in writing or by email to:
Leanne Coulson, Low Sizergh Barn, Low Sizergh Farm, Sizergh,
Kendal LA8 8AE
Tel: 015395 60426