Crop for the Shop
Are you a home, school or allotment grower? Do you occasionally have a glut of fruit, vegetables, herbs or flowers?
Then we have the ideal scheme for you: welcome to Crop for the Shop at Low Sizergh Barn.
What is Crop for the Shop?
Conceived by BigBarn, Crop for the Shop is a way of connecting growers with local businesses to help build a new, exciting and community-led supply chain. The initiative helps local shops like us source even more fresh and seasonal produce by exchanging growers’ crops for a gift card, which can then be redeemed in our farm shop or café.
There are lots of benefits to the scheme:
- Cut down on wastage in your garden, no mis-shaped vegetables will go to waste
- Take pride in seeing your local, fresh, seasonal produce on our farm shop shelves. We may also use your produce as a fresh ingredient in the dishes on our café menu.
- We have the chance to offer a wider range of the freshest possible produce grown on our doorstep
- Hand-grown crops are often far more exciting than commercial crops – bring us your all unusual varieties
How can you get involved in Crop for the Shop at Low Sizergh Barn?
We would love you to join us as a grower, here’s how:
- If you have too much of a crop – even 3 cabbages, it doesn’t have to be lots – let us know by calling Rachel on 015395 60426 or emailing her (email@example.com).
- We will use our daily wholesaler’s prices to ensure that you receive a fair price and the going rate.
- Bring your crops to the shop along with a grower’s agreement, which you can download and print here. Or, you can ask for one and sign it when you arrive.
- Collect your gift card in exchange for the crops. We will top up your card each time you deliver and it can be used in the shop of café anytime you wish.
Crop for the Shop T&Cs
There isn’t much in the way of small print, all we ask is that you understand that we may occasionally have to say no to your produce. If we already have high quantities of something we will politely refuse it in order to avoid any unnecessary food waste – Rachel is our key contact, and is happy for you to email or ring to check what we have or need.
We are firm believers in natural farming and ask that crops aren’t sprayed with any chemicals.
And that’s it.