Welcome to Low Sizergh Barn
Now that we can be more sociable indoors and out, in fine weather and not-so-fine, here’s the low down on Low Sizergh Barn:
- The farm shop is open daily 9.00am-5.30pm
- The café is open daily 9.00am-5.00pm
- The outdoor Shed is open daily 9.00am-5.00pm for pretty much everything that’s on the café menu. Choose your flavour of ice cream made with milk from our cows
- On the tables, you can scan a QR code for a convenient way to choose, order & pay
- There’s lots of outdoor seating, including a new woodland area
- Takeaway food and drink is also available from the deli counter in the farm shop
- The farm shop is well stocked with local suppliers – from beer to bread, cheese to chutney, and farm-grown veg (thank you Growing Well)
- The farm trail is ready to be explored. Dogs are welcome in our outdoor spaces
- A bit more about pizza….the handmade, hand-stretched sourdough base is covered with a simple tomato sauce and delicious toppings. Pizza is available for pre-order and collection, and it’s on the menu from Thursday to Monday. For takeaway, collect fresh from our farm shop oven between 4.00pm and 6.00 pm every Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Head to our pizza page for more details
We look forward to seeing you soon
New to Low Sizergh Barn
We now have fish from northern UK waters in the farm shop. Our first delivery included wild seabass. A relatively slow-growing species, they are consequently vulnerable to overfishing.
We follow the principles of the slow food movement, which says we can ‘only bring about change by returning to the origins of food, putting curiosity and pleasure at the service of responsible choices.’
So, we’re pleased to be working with Lake District Lobster and Seafood. Lee supplies us with a share of the permitted catch from fishing boats landing at Whitehaven.
Our order varies with the catch; you’ll find the latest selection in the farm shop fridges.
Low Sizergh’s Cows
Follow our herd from field to parlour, and our milk from the parlour to the raw milk vending machine. Some of our milk is also used to make cheese and ice cream.