Delicious squash deliveries from our Crop to the Shop scheme are partnered with Woodall’s Cumbrian air-dried pancetta in this recipe. If you’re veggie, make it with a can of Hodmedod’s beans from the farm shop shelves. Best served on a chilly day with lots of crusty bread.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
Pinch of smoked paprika
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
700g squash, peeled and cut into chunks
400ml vegetable stock
150g Woodall’s pancetta, cubed
125ml Knockraich Farm natural yoghurt
Freshly ground black pepper to season
3tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion, paprika, garlic and chilli over a low heat for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the squash and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the squash is tender. Transfer to a blender or food processor and process in batches until smooth.
- Chop the pancetta into small dice (remove any skin). Fry the pancetta in a pan (without any oil) for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden.
- Return the soup to a clean pan. Stir in the pancetta and yogurt. Simmer gently for a couple of minutes until hot. Season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over the chopped coriander to serve.